Denmark & White Ltd recognise the absolute necessity for the construction industry to make a positive contribution to the
community it works within and the environment as a whole. As a business we are accredited to ISO 14001:2004.
We encourage our staff and our supply chain to challenge the normal and to seek out environmentally sustainable construction solutions that not only consider the construction phase, but also the whole life of the development. We must mitigate the effect construction has on the environment and appreciate that a balance can be set between achieving this goal and commercial viability. These are some of the benchmarks we have set in order to achieve best practice
- Reducing our consumption of resources;
- Managing energy consumption and performance;
- Encouraging a higher level of reuse and recycling;
- Working with our supply chain to reduce waste to landfill;
- Reducing carbon emissions;
- Reducing water consumption;
- Selecting materials and equipment which have minimal environmental impact.
- Engaging our suppliers to abide by our environmental principles.
- Source local product and select supply chain members based on locality
In 2014 Denmark & White Ltd diverted 94% of the waste that its sites generated from Landfill.
In addition to the technical quality and economical value of our projects, we strive to add value to the communities we work within by creating chances for young people to enter the construction industry providing rewarding and realistic career paths tailored to suit the individuals needs.